Popular Posts

Sunday 7 August 2011

Lucille Ball and I Love Lucy

Lucille Désirée Ball (August 6, 1911 – April 26, 1989) was an American comedienne, film, television, stage and radio actress, model, film and television executive, and star of the sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy and Life With Lucy. One of the most popular and influential stars in the United States during her lifetime, with one of Hollywood's longest careers,especially on television.
Ball was nominated for an Emmy Award thirteen times, and won four times. In 1977 Ball was among the first recipients of the Women in Film Crystal Awad.

Today, Lucille Ball would have celebrated her 100th birthday.
I love Lucy. No, I adore Lucy. I Love Lucy is the only show that I can watch over and over and still laugh out loud. I’ve watched the show all my life, but it was while pregnant with my first daughter that the show became very special to me. I spent many days, dealing with awful morning sickness, laying in bed watching I Love Lucy marathons. Each episode brought me out of my nausea funk by making me laugh, and at times making me cry. Like the episode above. It still gets me, every time.
These are the comments from the fan of Lucille Ball

Signatures of Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment